Graf Peakspeed PK5900 Senior Ice Hockey Skates
The PeakSpeed PK5900 series maximizes heel lock, stiffness, and protection without adding weight to the skate. GRAF represents the science of skating. The all-new PeakSpeed line from Graf creates speed. Are you looking for the classic Graf feel with some truly new skate technologies, then look to the PeakSpeed series for top performance.
Someone new to Graf may not understand the Graf fit compared to other skates. Graf is very unique because they have a true heel pocket and therefore you do not have the issue with the Bauer bump in the heel area. Graf uses a two piece last on their Peakspeed series (last is the material that wraps around the back of the skate). Many manufactures use a one piece last that wraps continuously around the back of the skate. Since it is one piece, the only way to create a heel pocket is to do it with foams and not the actual shape of the last. Although this may work with some players, other players will get irritation in this area which leads to calcium deposits and therefore create a bump on the back of the heel – commonly known as the Bauer bump. Graf uses a two piece last design which is sewn together at the back of the heel. By using a two piece last, Graf is able to create a real heel pocket which allows the heel to sit in the skate more naturally and create a better heel lock. This ultimately adds to increased comfort and increased performance.
The new 2020 line of Graf skates have a feel like the classic Graf feel but with modern technology. These skates have an asymmetrical tongue which is rigid but wraps perfectly around the top of the foot. This helps keep the foot perfectly centered during the skating motion and also protects the top of the foot from lace bite. The ultra light 2-piece heat moldable Pure® composite quarter panels make this skate feel like a custom made skate specifically for you. The flex fit collar at the top of the skate allows a player to turn extremely quick and deep without having the boot bruise or tear the skin in this area of the ankle. The pitch on the Graf Peakspeed series still has that very aggressive Graf lean. On most Graf skates, a player will feel tilted more forward then other brands, placing the skater on the balls of their feet naturally. This provides optimum performance with the least amount of effort. A stock 10ft. radius comes standard on all Graf player skates. The padded toe box still comes standard on the Peakspeed PK5900 skates which provides the most comfortable toe box in the hockey industry today.
Graf Peakspeed PK5900 Senior Skate Features:
- Model Year: 2020
- New ultra light 2-piece heat moldable Pure® composite quarter panels
- Cobra 2.0 stainless steel pro runner with 10ft radius
- FlexFit collar for unmatched agility in tight corners
- Graf 5500 Holder with replaceable runner
- Asymmetrical tongue design prevents shifting
- Foam lined toe cap for protection on impacts
- Heat moldable for custom fit
- Asymmetrical ankle pockets for precise fit
- Molded arch support with brushed microfiber foot bed
- 3-D heel lock design keeps foot properly aligned in boot
- Brushed nylon quick dry liner
- Composite mid and outsole for added boot strength and superior blade control
- SpeedFit design for quick break-in, comfort, support and precision control
- Weight: OVERALL 865g